- Non-members, if you would like to save A LOT of money, please consider joining before registering for this event.
- We also offer these walking tours on Saturdays and, starting in September we will be offering them as bike tours. Please check our Adventure Calendar for the most up to date schedule.
ABOUT THESE TOURS
Our Sub-area tours are a series of guided walking tours designed for those who would like to get better acquainted with the 45 distinct neighborhoods that lie on or along the Atlanta Beltline. The series consists of ten tours that correspond to the ten sub-areas that make up the make up the Atlanta Beltline Planning Area.
The tours last 3-4 hours and typically include a lunch stop somewhere along the line. The routes are mostly flat and paved but you you must be able to walk 5-7 miles at a moderate pace. You may participate in part or all of the route as long as you let our tour guide know in advance.
ABOUT THIS TOUR
This tour begins at Drip Coffee Shop in Glenwood Park ends at Krog Street Market. The entire tour will focus on Sub-area 4. You can meet us anywhere along the way; just please let your tour guide know.
From the border of Subarea 3 on Glenwood Avenue, the Atlanta BeltLine emerges onto Bill Kennedy Way, crosses over I-20, intersects Memorial Drive at grade, winds north in between Chester Avenue and Holtzclaw Street, crosses Kirkwood Avenue and Wylie Street, and hits the Hulsey rail yard and DeKalb Avenue.
Subarea 4 neighborhoods include: Cabbagetown, Glenwood Park, Grant Park, Ormewood Park, and Reynoldstown. Features of this area include Oakland Cemetery, Cabbagetown Park, and the mixed-use development of Glenwood Park.
YOU SHOULD GO ON THIS TOUR IF...
- You like to explore new areas of town (on foot) with an experienced tour guide
- You would like to learn more about the history of Atlanta and/or the Atlanta Beltline project
- You are interested in keeping up with the design and construction of the Atlanta Beltline multi-use trail and transit system
- You are interested in learning about topics such as land use, mobility and parks as they relate to the Atlanta Beltline project
- You would like to get a first-hand look at the housing stock that exists in each of the Beltline sub-areas
- You are interested in getting a better feel for the type of development that is (will be) occurring in the various sub-areas
- You lead a business / organization and would like to take a group of clients, employees, etc. that is interested in any of the above (see private tours below)
PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE
This tour is also available as a private walking, biking or bus tour. If you would like to schedule a private tour for your group, please contact member support for pricing and scheduling. Thank you.
ABOUT URBAN EXPLORERS